This event is held entirely online. Access detials will be provided from the host, upon registration.
Thu | Oct 14 10:00 AM - 12:15 PM
This session is for frontline workers in Newcastle from health and wellbeing services in the public and VCSE sectors. This session is to enable participants to connect with and deliver effective services to people across majority and minority ethnic communities.
This session will help improve:
· Knowledge of local ethnically minoritised communities and cultures
· Understanding of what local ethnically minoritised communities need
· Skills to help identify some of the barriers to accessing health services
· Confidence working with different communities
· Good practice to improve access into your service
· Experience of providing health and wellbeing services
· Course suitable for those with or without significant experience of providing services to ethnically minoritised communities and individuals
• This is a 2-hour 15 minute sessions delivered online through Zoom.
• There is an evaluation that you will need to complete after the session in order to fully participate and receive your certificate of attendance.
• We provide a resource sheet with information to follow up on and a questionnaire to help take the learning from the session and put it into practice
• We aim to make this more than just the 2 hour 15 minute Zoom session and provide information on best practice, current research and opportunities to join a network of allies.
Spaces are limited to 2 people per organisation/department as this is a multi-agency session. There are a limited number of spaces at our events and they are in high demand. If you are unable to attend this event by giving at least 48 hours’ notice. Please cancel your reservation through Eventbrite.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about booking and cancellations. If you are unable to attend and do not give notice then you will be charged £20.00.
If you work outside of Newcastle or do not fit the criteria for this session but are interested in the training, get in touch with email@example.com
Not eligible for this session but still interested in attending? We offer bespoke training covering a range of topics. Our sessions are delivered online using Zoom making them ideal for organisations based across England.
This online session will be delivered remotely using Zoom. We have taken every step to make this as simple, accessible and secure as possible. We will be able to advise on how to access the session easily and without having to download software. Zoom can be accessed by a smartphone, or any device with a camera and microphone such as a laptop, tablet or desktop computer.
All our Zoom training and events will have closed captions (automatic subtitles) enabled. We can also provide a BSL interpreter for training and events on request, but ask you to give us enough advance notice to enable this to be organised. To maximise resources, we are unable to provide BSL interpreters for all sessions unless we know this is essential.
For security and practical reasons:
You can only book one place for yourself, using the email address you use on the device you’ll be using to participate in the online session. If a colleague wants to attend, they will need to book separately themselves.
You must give us all the essential information requested so that we know your registration is genuine. We may check with you, especially if you aren’t from an organisation known to us
Joining instructions including the secure password, together with any handouts or worksheets, will be emailed to you 24 hours ahead of the session start time by the named person hosting the session. It is essential you do not share this with anyone not registered to attend. Anyone not on the registration list will not be allowed into the session.
Non Membersprices start from
FREE - terms apply
Subscribe To View Zone(s)